Sunday, April 5, 2009

Meals On Wheels Our Way

Still in the rest, recuperate, and re provision mode here in Pennsylvania, we do manage to keep busy. One of our semi-annual (at least) missions is to fix my parents up with a couple freezers full of ready to go, I-don't-feel-like-cooking-today meals with their special dietary requirements in mind. It can take the better part of a week to handle the process beginning to end: shopping, preferably at local farmers markets, prep work, cooking, packaging, delivering and organizing. It's a lot of fun to do and it helps them out at times when we can't otherwise be here to do so. I took some pics of stage one of the process this trip. Here's a quickie slide show of the process. Note: Abby is official "smeller" of all bags- just an extra safety step to ensure all ingredients are in good condition.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, You can come to my house and fix me some of those "I don't feel like cooking" meals....
They sure look good, much better then the TV dinners I eat.