Sunday, February 4, 2007

Reader's Rebellion?

Whoa! There’s a reader’s rebellion afoot. I’ve been getting nods and prods to get going with the blog already - too many log ins only to find nothing new “on the wheels.” Well, don’t give up on me just yet people, but if I had to write every day about what we are doing right now, we would ALL be bored to tears, and who wants to deal with that?
We are in the general area of “home.” We were in Punta Gorda for a week and now Bonita Springs for two weeks and then back to Punta Gorda for a short stay before getting back on the road. What we are doing is this: the mundane but necessary tasks that sustain life - doctors, dentists, veterinarians (for Abby, not me, silly) - all crammed into one short block of the year. Preventive maintenance if you will. We are also doing our part to sustain the union- jury duty for Marilyn (already did my time) and year end tax preparation for 2006. Why is it that it takes much of the next year to figure out what happened to you last year? Especially since by the time you figure that out it is always too darn late to do anything about it. The old expression would be, I believe, water over the dam. Here in camping world, I suppose we would say that a leak in the sewer connection can’t flow back into the hose. You get the picture. It all stinks.
Anyway, I’m bored doing all this stuff so I can be darn sure it would be a lot worse for all of you hearing about it. I have not yet reached the age where all I do is talk about my health, although that day is probably sneaking up on me faster than I would care to admit.
So please take another week or so off from following the adventure and then pick it back up once there is something with a bit more flare to get in to.
There has been a plus hiding out in Florida so far this winter as the rest of the nation has had brutally cold weather in places that don’t usually get it, so from that standpoint I suppose, better to have been here. We are, none-the-less, ready to get going again as the Spring begins to break in the south. I did start tying a few flies. It kills some time between appointments and stimulates the mind into thinking about what might be next.

No comments: