Saturday, February 24, 2007

Busch Garden Album

The "gorilla my dreams" consults with the real thing (or a reasonable facsimile) over the Busch Gardens map about what to see first

This is what you would see if you were going to swim up behind an alligator and bite HIM!
This little birdie captured my attention. All the people are outside the fences. All the animals are inside the fences. But this guy just sits ON the fence and can go where-ever his options are the best. There are lots of fences here, and there needs to be fences here. But it sure feels like it's a lot more about keeping the people away from the animals than the other way around.
I got a real "charge" out of this elephant!
Timbuktu! Finally I know where it is. It's where my parents always said they would send me if I was ever naughty. I never was! Although I can't prove that.
I loaded up my Land Rover and I'm all ready to go on safari. An "extra," the safari takes you by truck out onto the "Serengeti Plains" for an interactive experience with the critters that live out there. Unbelieveable!
No matter where you go to see animals in this park, there is always a world class roller coaster looming on the skyline...

This one, Shiek-Ra, plunges into water at 70 miles an hour.
By now I'm sure we hold the record for seeing more 4-D movies in a year than anyone ever has before. We have the stupidness self portraits to prove it! This time we saw, "Pirates"
I call this picture feeding the Lorys, "Scream Like a Girl." Which by the way is what I would do IF I were to go on the really big roller coasters- which I won't! Maybe something with a water shoot at the end suitable for kiddies!
Love the Giraffes! They seem to like us too- whether or not you have a piece of lettuce in your hand- although that helps.
This guy came over to the truck to plant one on Marilyn
Nothing like a Giraffe a few inches from your camera lens for a nifty shot or two...

They really did like Marilyn best. (me too)..even though there were about 12 other people in the safari truck with us.
I know it's not an action shot but I thought it was a pretty classic zebra shot
At the Hippo environment, you can see them above and below water at the same time. There were two adults and one young one who was nursing under water- you won't see that every day in Florida!
These Mayan Cyclids share the big pool with the Hippos. I like all animals but fish get top billing with me!
I went to the animal fair,
the birds and the beasts were there.
The big baboon,
by the light of the moon,
Was combing his auburn....
Oh, shucks, no baboons,
but just about everything else and way too much to talk about here. We had two glorious days and would have gone again if we had more time. What a great place.
As aways, click on photos to enlarge them and use back arrow to return to blog.....



No comments: