Sunday, July 22, 2007

Calling Home

Been on the go non stop for weeks now, so a couple hours hanging out at camp along Stony Creek in Seward felt really good. Another Stony Creek ran through the Oley Valley where I spent the first four years of my life. Those were some good times in a little house with "out back" lavatory facilities and a coal furnace in the basement. Just the name of the creek was reminiscent enough of home that I decided to call the 'rents, as our friend Joan calls my parents. They have been darn near everywhere in their action filled lives , including Alaska, and I knew without hesitation they would like to hear about the eagle circling overhead while we spoke on the phone. Oh, and that message about "Hi. We can't come to the phone right now, but leave your name and number" stuff- I just don't buy it!

No comments: