Sunday, October 19, 2008

Regular Readers Feature

Google Blogspot is availing bloggers of another new feature and I have added it to the sidebar just below the "What's Going On" bio paragraph. I wasn't sure if I wanted to add it or not but since someone signed on to our "Regular Readers" - followers of this blog- before I got a chance to decide, I just went ahead and put it up there. Thanks Mark and Chris!

It's nice to know there are people out there who appreciate the work enough to follow along. It's the reason, at least one of them, that makes it worth doing. And since this adds the element of getting to know who some of those people are- a new dimension is added to the mix. Prior to this, I could go onto Google Analytics and find out all kinds of interesting info about the numbers of people reading the blog, the length of time they read, the countries where they are reading, how many of the posts they read...and on and on. But it never provided a name or a face to the reader - and to me that might just be the single most important feedback I can get.

So please - if you read the blog, like the blog, follow the blog regularly, or even once in a while when you can, won't you please sign on as one of our regulars. Simply go the "Regular Readers" feature on the sidebar and click on "Follow this blog." The pop up screen will walk you through the rest of the steps. You can provide as much or as little info as you like, a picture, an icon, whatever. Just click the orange "FOLLOW" button when you're done. We'd be honored to show your interest in Gundyville!

No comments: